O.S.C. Educational Society(R), Brahmavar and its Institutions
The Orthodox Syrian Catholic Educational Society was established in 1953 by the then Vicar General Rev. Fr.P.G. Khoshy of St.Mary’s Syrian Cathedral, Brahmavar. The main objective of the society is to spread education among the masses by starting educational Institution in and around Brahmavar. The benefits of the society shall be open to all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion. Rev. Fr.P.G. Khoshy was the first President of the society and thereafter Rev.Fr.K.K.Kuriakose, Rev.Fr.K.T.Varghese, Very.Rev.Ramban Dr.N.J.Thomas ,Very.Rev.Ramban G.M.Skaria served and Rev. Fr.David Lawrence Crasta as President of the society. Rev.Fr.C.A Issac is the present President.The General Assembly of the society elects Managing Committee once in two years. The Vicar General of St. Mary’s Cathedral is the ex-officio President of the Society. The Secretaries to manage the different Institutions are elected by the General Assembly.
Saint Mary’s Syrian College known popularly by its own acronym S.M.S. Brahmavar, was established in 1980 by the Orthodox Syrian Christian Educational Society, a registered body of the Orthodox Syrian Cathedral which was consecrated at Brahmavar in the year 1888. The Syrian Christians trace their origin to St. Thomas, one of the Apostles of Jesus Christ. The singular commitment to secular ideas has paid rich dividends in the form of good will and support of the people of all faiths.