3B/21 KARNATAKA BN NCC
Major. G.Balakrishna Shetty
NCC Unit of Army wing was raised in our college on 13th August 1986 under the principal ship of Prof. Mathew .C. Ninan which was inaugurated by Lt. COL. K.J. Kuruvilla, Commanding Officer, 21 Kar BN NCC, Udupi.
OBJECTIVES OF NCC
• To develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular outlook, Spirit of adventure and the Ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country
• To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation
• To provide suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces
MOTTO OF NCC
UNITY AND DISCIPLINE
BIRDS EYE VIEW OF NCC BETWEEN 2004 to 2009
SENIOR CADET UNDER OFFICERS
|2004-05||SCUO||Nithesh Shetty||III B.Com|
|2006-07||SCUO||Gautam Kumar.B||III B.A|
CADET UNDER OFFICERS
|2004-05||CUO||Sunil Kumar||III B.Com|
|2005-06||CUO||Ashok Somyaji||III B.Com|
RESULTS OF ‘B’ CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION
RESULTS OF ‘C’ CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION
BLOOD DONATION CAMPS
|YEAR||No of cadets Donated Blood||Total Units of Blood Donated||To whom Donated||Sponsored|
|2004-05||ANO & 24||76||Blood Bank Dist.Hospital,udupi.||Lions and Lioness club,BVR and Barkur|
|2005-06||ANO & 21||97||….||….|
Dist.Hospital,udupi& KMC Manipal
ACTIVITIES FOR 2004-05
- 6 cadets have attended Army Attachment Camp held at Madras Engineer Croup & Centre, Bangalore from 01-04-04 to 15-04-04.
- 4 cadets have attended CATC held at shimoga from 14-06-04 to 25-06-04
- A Programme on Traffic Rules was organised which was sponsored by Rotary club, Brahmavar on 03-07-04. Mr. Ravi shankar, Inspector of Motor Vehicles, RTO, Udupi was the resource person.
- ANO Major. G.Balakrishna shetty and 22 cadets have attended CATC at SBC, Karkala from 12-08-04 to 23-08-04
- 10 of our cadets worked as volunteers for 3 days i.e 4th, 5th & 6th September, 2004 in different places in the Anti-Rabbies campaign organised by Varamballi, Haradi, Handadi and Chanthar village Panchayats.
- Our senior cadets have participated in Flag March in the following sports meet:-
- Taluk level High School sports meet at Goliangadi on 9th November,2004.
- District level High School sports meet at SMS college Stadium on 19th November, 2004.
- 4th Kodagu, Udupi and D.K. districts Athletic Meet at SMS Stadium from 26th to 28th November, 2004.
- 24th Mangalore University Athletic Meet at SMS Stadium from 4th to 6th December, 2004 organized by the college.
- Sgt. Manasa of III B.Com. Has attended CATC at Shimoga from 19-10-04 to 30-10=-04 and RD selection camp at Bangalore from 31-10-04 to 11-11-04.
- Sgt. Ashok Nairy of III B.Com. has attended National Integration Camp at Kushalnagar, Kodagu from 1-12-04 to 12-12-04.
- Aids Awareness Rally was organized along with NSS volunteers with play cards on 1-12-04.
- Sgt. Ashok Nairy of III B.Com. Has donated blood to an ailing patient at KMC Manipal.
- Republic Day was celebrated on 26th January, 2005. Dr. U.R. Anathamurthy, hoisted the National Flag and addressed the cadets and Tamil Nadu Troupe which came for Cultural Festival sang Patriotic song.
ACTIVITIES FOR 2005-06
- ANO Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 22 cadets have attended CATC at JCBM College, Sringeri from 15th June 2005 to 26th June 2005.
- L/Copl Laxman and Sgt Rekha have attended TSC-I held at Vijay college Mulki from 21-07-05 to 01-08-05
- 7 of our cadets have donated blood to an ailing patient Mr. Srinivas Bhat at KMC Manipal on 9th August 2005
- Sgt Rekha had attended TSC-II held at Dharwad from 6-08-05 to 15-08 -05
- CUO Ashok somayji and CQMS Naveen Banj have attended National Integration Camp held at Gurudaspur, Punjab from 3-10-05 to 14-10-05 and won the first prize in group Dance.
- Planted cherry trees in front of the college.
- 5 of our senior cadets under the leadership of SCUO Gururaj have participated in Flag March to mark the inauguration of District Level Junior college sports meet at Azarkad, Udupi on 22.11.05.
- L/Copl Sandesh K of II B.Com, L.Copl Pradeep G of II B.A and L/Copl Ashwini of II PUC have attended RD Selection Camp held at Mahaveera College, Moodbidri from 18th Oct 2005 to 29th Oct 2005.
- L/Copl Sandesh K of II B.Com had represented Manglore Group in Pre-Pre RD selection Camp held at Banglore from 16-11-05 to 27-11-05.
- First Aid training programme to NCC cadets was conducted on 28th Nov 2005. Mr.Rathnakar Adyanathaya, an ex-serviceman was the resource person. This programme was conducted after the inauguration of Red Cross Youth wing by Lion Rajeeva Shetty, Chairman, Youth Red Cross, Karnataka State Sub Committee, IRCS(K) Bangalore. Principal Prof.KkNarayanan Presided over the function.
- 5 of our senior cadets have participated in Flag March to Mark the inauguration of State Level Junior College sports meet at SMS Stadium on 1st Dec.2005.
- L/Copl Pradeep G of II B.A and L/Copl Jithin James of II PUC have participated in Best Cadet competition held at Sri Bhavanendra College, Karkala on 3rd Dec 2005.
- 18 cadets have passed ‘B’ certificate out of 23 cadets conducted during 2004-05.
- 7 cadets have passed ‘C’ certificate examination out of 9 cadets, conducted during 2004-05 out of which 2 cadets have passed in ‘B’ Grade.
- Cadet Shaik Mohammad Sameer of I B.A had donated blood to ailing patient at Azarkad Hospital on 16/12/05 as per the request of Dr.Sharath.
- Aids Awareness programme was conducted on 17th dec. 2005 in which Mrs.Veena Shetty President of ‘Jeevan Sangharsha’ HIV Patient herself was the resource person. Other member of Jeevan Sangharshs Mrs.Shashikala was also present. Principal Prof.K.Narayanan presided over the function.
- Blood donation camp was organised by NCC on 7th Jan.2006 along with NSS and stundents Council in which ANO & 21 cadets have donated blood out of 97 units of blood donated to District Blood Bank, District Hospital, Udupi. This programme was sponsored by Lions Club Brahmavar & Barkur, President Lion Sri Ram & other members of Lion & Lioness club were also present along with Mr.Sharath and his technical staff.
ACTIVITIES FOR 2006-07
- L/Copl. Suma K of III B.A had successfully attended National integration camp held at Dasara Exibition ground; Mysore from 1.07.06 to 12.07.2006.
- CQMS Laxman, Sgt.Sandeep Rodrigus, Sgt. Ramakrishna Aithal all of III B.Com and CSM Pradeep, G of III B.A have attended Army Attachment Camp held at 14 BN. The Assam Regiment at Trivendrum from 3.07.06 to 16.07.2006.
- A programme on “towards Personal Excellence” by Major Radhakrishna, Dept of Commerce, M.G.M. College, udupi was conducted for NCC cadets on 22.7.2006.
- L/Copl.Lokesha, S of II B.Com. L/Copl.Shaik Mohammed Sameer of II B.A and L/Copl.Divya of II PUC have attended RD Selection Camp at KPT Mangalore from 9th Sept.2006 to 20th Sept.2006.
- L/copl. Lokesha, S of II B.Com has attended directorate level RD Selection Camp held at Bangalore from 21st Sept. 2006 to 2nd Oct. 2006.
- A Programme on First Aid was conducted for NCC cadets on 23rd Sept. 2006. Dr.Sharath Kumar, Blood Bank Officer, District Hospital, Udupi was the resource person.
- SCUO Gautham Kumar of II B.A and Sgt.Shashank Shetty of III B.Com have attended Advance Leadership Camp at Bhanja Nagar, Ganjam Dist. Orissa from 28th Sept. 2006 to 9th Oct. 2006.
- Sgt. Mohammed Sharif of III B.Com has attended All India Trekking Expedition at Kolhapur, Maharastra from 19th Nov.2006 to 2nd Dec.2006.
- Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 27 cadets have attended CATC held at SBC Karkala from 10th Oct.2006 to 21st Oct. 2006. the cadets have won 1st prize in group song and cadet Puneethraj has won 2nd price firing.
- Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with K.Sandesh of III B.Com have attended National Integration Camp held at Green Finger High School, Akluj, Maharastra from 28th Oct. 2006 to 8th Nov. 2006 in which the team has won Second prize in Overall Championship.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized by NCC unit along with NSS and students Council on 6.12.2006 in which in total 106 units of blood have been donated to Blood Bank, District Hospital, Udupi in which ANO and 21 cadets have donated blood. This programme was sponsored by Lions & Lioness Club, Brahmavar & Barkur. Mr. Shankar Shetty, President of Lions Club and Mrs. Poornima S Shetty, President of Lioness Club along with other members of Lions Club were present.
- 23 cadets have passed ‘B’ Certificate examination out of 24 cadets during 2005-06. one cadet had passed in re-exam.
- 8 cadets have passed ‘C’ certificate examination out of 8 cadets during 2005-06 and in which 3 cadets have obtained ‘B’ Grade.
ACTIVITIES FOR 2007-08
- L/Copl. Kumara & L/Copl Dhanesh p of II B.A have successfully attended Army Attachment Camp held at MLIR, Belgaum from 1st May to 15th May 2007. Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 19 cadets have attended CATC held at JNV, Balehonnur from 18.05.2007 to 29.05.2007.
- A programme on ‘Personality Development’ was organised for NCC cadets on 21.07.2007 sponsored by Lions & Lioness Club, Brahmavar & Barkur. Major Radhakrishna, Dept of Commerce, M.G.M College, was the resource person.
- Fund raising programme was organized by NCC along with NSS as per the direction of Lt.Col. Uniyal, Commanding Officer, 21 Kar BN NCC for Help Age India in which Rs.24,432/- was collected and handed over to Miss Jennifer D’Sa, Executive Officer, Help Age India, Mangalore Unit.
- L/Copl Sanath of II B.Com, L/Copl.Jagadeesha Shetty of II B.A, L/Copl Kumara of II B.A, L/Copl.Manjula of II B.A and L/Copl Pramitha, II PUC have successfully attended special summer camp at ASC, Supply point, Jalahalli, Bangalore from 18th July 2007 to 29th July 2007.
- A programme on Road Safety, Health & Hygiene and waste disposal management was organized for NCC and NSS volunteers on 28.07.2007. Dr.Sharath Kumar, Blood bank officer & Secretary of Red Cross Youth Wing, District Hospital was the resource person.
- L/Copl Trupthi of I PUC and L/Copl Sampath Kumar of II PUC have successfully attended TSC at Dharwad and Bhagalkote resp.
- SCUO Lokesh S, CUO Lohith and CQMS Rajesh Poojari, all of III B.Com have successfully attended Advance Leadership Camp at Asansol, West Bengal from 24th Sept. to 5th Oct.2007.
- CSM Prasad Shetty, K & SCUO Lokesh S of III B.Com have successfully attended RD Selection Camp held at Bangalore from 22.10.2007 to 31.10.2007.
- Sgt. Siddarth, I B.Com. Sgt.Sudhindra III B.Com and L/Copl Wilma D’Almeda of II PUC have attended National Integration Camp held at Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar from 19.11.2007 to 30.11.2007.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized in the college on 8.12.2007 sponsored by Lions & Lioness Club, Brahmavar & Barkur in which Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 19 cadets have donated blood out of a total donation of 87 units of blood to Blood Bank, District Hospital, Azarkad, Udupi.
- Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 24 cadets have attended CATC, held at SMS College, Brahmavar from 22.12.2007 to 31.12.2007.
- 18 cadets have passed out of 19 appeared for ‘B’ Certificate, 9 cadets have passed out of 10 appeared for ‘C’ Certificate examination during 2007.ACTIVITIES FOR 2008-09
- Mr Sharath of III B.Com has been selected as S.C.U.O and Mr.Kumara of III B.A as C.U.O for the year 2008-09.
- Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 18 cadets have successfully attended CATC held at JNV, Chara, Hebri from 21-05-08 to 30-05-08.
- Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 26 cadets have attended CATC/TSC held at SBC, Karkala from 31-07-08 to 09-08-08.
- Copl.Arun Kumar of II B.A, Sgt Nithish of II B.S and cadet Prithviraj of I P.U.C have successfully attended TSC, Inter Group Competition, held at Bagalkot from 10th Aug 2008 to 19th Aug 2008.
- Copl.Trapthi of II P.U.C and Copl. Ashwini.K of III B.A have successfully attended TSC, Inter Group competition held at Mysore from 11th August, 2008 to 20th August 2008.
- C.U.O Kumara of III B.A, Sgt.Raveesh Aithal, Sgt.Dhanesh.P, Sgt Prathibha, Sgt Pavithra P.Shatty all of III B.A Sgt Subhamurthy of Ded have successfully attended RD Selection Camp held at KPT Mangalore from 24-08-08 to 2-09-08.
- Paryavaran Diwas was organized on 12th July, 2008 which was sponsored by Lions & Lioness Club, Brahmavar-Barkur. Lt.Col.M.M Uniyal, Commanding Officer, 21 Kar BN NCC, Udupi, was the chief Guest. Mr.Parameshvara, Forester, Brahmavar assisted us by supplying saplings and its plantation. Ln.Kushal Shetty –President, Ln.Dayananda Shetty –Secretary , Ln.Prabhakar Kunder – Treasurer of Lions club & Lns.Nischal K Shetty- President were present.
- Our cadets have participated in a Plastic Awareness Jatha, organized by NSS Unit of SMS Jr.College, Brahmavar along with Rotary and Rotract Club, Brahmavar.
- A programme on First Aid and Disaster Management was organized on 30-08-08. Mr.Sabhapathi, Chairman, Disaster Management Committee, Red Cross Youth Wing , Udupi, Secretary – Dr.Sharath Kumar were the resource persons.
- 5 of our cadets participated in Flag March to mark the inaugration of Mysore zone level Throw Ball Tournament held at Govt. Junior college, Kokkarne on 25-09-08 and Taluk level High School Athletic Sports Meet at Govt.High School, Vadderse on 11-10-08
- Aids Awareness Programme was organized by NCC on 27th September 2008. Dr.Shamee Shastri, Assistant Professor, Transition Medicine, KMC, Manipal was the resource person. This programme was sponsored by Lions & Lioness club, Brahmavar-Barkur.
- Blood donation camp was organized by NCC along with NSS and students council in the college on 1-10-08 which was sponsored by Lions & Lioness club, Brahmavar-barkur. Lt.Col M.M Uniyal, inaugrated the blood donation camp in which 96 units of blood were donated to Red Cross, Udupi and Blood Bank, KMC, Manipal.
- Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with Copl.Vikram A.P of II PUC and cadet Ythrivikrama Adiga of I PUV have successfully attended National Integration Camp at Quepem, Goa from 6th Nov to 17th Nov 2008.
- Sgt. Sampath Kumar, Sgt.Puneethraj and Sgt. Ullas of II PUC have attended Advance Leadership Camp held at Aurangabad, Maharashtra from 5th Dec 2008 to 17th Dec 2008.
- 36 cadets have passed out of 36 cadets appeared for ‘B’ Certificate examination and 11 cadets have passed out of 11 appeared for ‘C’ certificate examination during 2008 thereby achieved 100% result in both the B and C certificate examination.
- NCC Cadets of the year 2008-09 have sponsored 50% cost of 9 cadets who are taking food in the college canteen. Beneficiaries are as follows:1. Sanath – III B.Com2. Umanath – I BCA3. Praveen Kumar – I BCA4. Naveen D Almeida – I BCA
5. Sudhakar – I BBM
6. Sampath – I B.Com
7. Rakshitha – I B.Com
8. Sharath – I B. Com
9. Roshan Shetty – I BA
10. 15 SD and 6 SW cadets along with Major G.Balakrishna Shetty attended CATC held at SBC, Karkala from 30-01-09 to 08-01-09.
11. ANO Major G.Balakrishna Shetty along with NCC cadets have participated in Terrorism Awareness Rally organised by the college in Brahmavar on 12-02-09 and on 14-02-09 by Higher Education Department, Govt. of Karnataka, at Manipal along with other college students
ACTIVITIES FOR 2009-10
Our coy of Army wing consisting of 80 cadets (55 SD and 25 SW) started functioning for this academic year 2009-10 on 11th July, 2009.
1. Mr. Nithesh of I B.com.has been selected as S.C.U.O. and Miss. Andrea Samantha Lewis of I B.Com as C.U.O for the year 2009-10.
2. Major. G.Balakrishna Shetty along with 20 cadets have successfully attended CATC hosted in our SMS College, Brahmavar from 10-06-08 to 19-06-09.
3. CUO Andrea Samantha Lewis of I B.Com and L/Copl. Pooja Sheena Poojary of II B.Com have successfully attended CATC/TSC held at SBC, Karkala from 25-07-2009 to 03-08-09
4. Sgt. Arun Kumar of III B.A., SCUO. Nithesh of I B.Com., Sgt Prathviraj of II P.U.C.and CQMS.Raghavendra of II PUC have successfully attended TSC, held at Pillikula, organized by 6 Air Sqn, NCC, Mangalore from 31st July,2009 to 9th Aug,2009.
5. CUO Andrea Samantha Lewis of I B.Com has attended TSC-Inter Group competition held and Mysore from 4th August 2009 to 13th August 2009 and further selected to TSC-II –Directorate level, held at Dasara Ground, Mysore from 14th August 2009 to 23rd august 2009 and the first SW cadet to reach this stage.
6. A programme on Human relations was organized along with NSS unit of the college on 1st August 2009 which was sponsored by Lions and Lioness club, Brahmavar and Barkur Mr.B.C.Rao, renowned Jayce’s resource person was the chief guest
7. Arun Kumar of III B.A., SCUO. Nithesh of I B.Com., Sgt Prathviraj of II P.U.C.and CQMS.Raghavendra of II PUC have attended TSC-I Inter Group competitions held at 37 Kar BN NCC, Bagalkote from 10th August 2009 to 19th August 2009.
8. SCUO. Nithesh of I B.Com has attended TSC-II-Directorate level selection camp held at Bijapur from 23rd August 2009 to 1st September 2009 and the first SD cadet to reach this stage.
9. NCC has organized a noble programme of felicitation to ex-soldier Kargil Hero-Mr. Rangappa Alur who lost his both the limbs and a leg in Meghadutha operation at Kargil by giving him a purse of Rs.90,001 in which all the Instituitions of OSC Educational society have joined and PTA, SMS College, Brahmavar, Brahmavar Sports Club ® &Rotary club, Brahmavar have also joined with liberal donations.
10. A Programme on HINI was organized along with NSS unit of the college on 19th September 2009. Dr. Sushma.P.Shetty, Medical officer, Community Health Centre, Brahmavar was the resource person. All the NCC and NSS volunteers were given broachers containing details about the deadly disease HINI. This programme was sponsored by Rotary club and Lions and Lioness club Brahmavar-Barkur.
11. Sgt. Akshatha of II B.A has successfully attended National Integration Camp at Duler Mapufa, Goa from 21-10-09 to 1-11-09.
12. Sgt. Manoj Bhat of II B.Com, Cadet Sujith Hegde of I BBM and Copl Mythri of II B.Com have successfully attended RD se3lcetion camp at JNV Gajanur from 27-10-09 to 06-11-09.
13. Blood Donation Camp was organized by NCC along with NSS and Students Council in the college on14-10-09 which was sponsored by Lions and Lioness club. Brahmavar-Barkur. Rev.Father David Crasta, correspondent of the college inauguarated the blood donation camp in which 135 units ( including 34 NCC cadets) of blood were donated to Red Cross, Udupi (44 units) and Blood Bank, KMC, Manipal. (91 units).
14. NCC has organized ANTI-DRUG Rally along with Anti-Corruption rally organized by NSS units of the college on 31-10-2009 which was flagged off by Lt.Col. Sushil Gurung, Commanding officer, 21 Kar Bn NCC, Udupi. Justice. N. Santhosh Hegde, lokayucta, Govt. of Karnataka, was the chief guest.Later in the afternoon at 4 P.M. Dr. Abhijith, Department of M.S. Kasturba Hospital, Manipal addressed the NCC cadets about the Impact of Drug Addiction on youth of this country.
15. Cadet Mohammed Afiz of I PUC and Cadet Asik Manzoor Ahammad of II PUC Have attended CATC at KPT, Mangalore from 31-10-09 to 09-11-09.
16. 5 of our cadets have participated in Flag March to mark the inauguration of District level PUC Athletic sports meet at Azarkad ground, Udupi on3-11-09 and High school level at Chethan High School Ground, Mabukal.
17. CQMS. Raghavendra of II PUC, L/Copl. Thrivikrama Adiga of II PUC, Cadet Sachin, Cadet Abhisheka, cadet Pavan and Cadet Hector Charles D’Almeida all of I PUC have successfully attended National Integration Camp held at Delhi from 17-11-09 to 29-11-09
18. 23 SD cadets have passed out of 23 appeared and 14 SW cadets have passed out of 14 appeared for ‘B’ Certificate examination and 12 SD cadets have passed out of 16 appeared and 6 SW cadets have passed out of 6 appeared for ‘C’ certificate examination during 2009.
19. Sgt. Manoj. P.M.Bhat and L/Copl. Gladson P. Mathew have successfully attended All India Trekking Camp at Karwar from 27-12-2009 to 8-1-2010.
20. Major.G.Balakrishna Shetty and 54 cadets have attended CATC conducted in SMS College, Brahmavar from 23-12-2009 to 1-1-2010.
21. CUO Andrea Samantha Lewis had successfully attended First Aid and Home Nursing Camp at Military Hospital, Belgaum from 2-1-10 to 13-1-10.
22. Blood Donation Camp was organized in CATC held in SMS College, Brahmavar on 28-12-2009 in which 32 cadets have donated blood to Blood Bank, KMC, Manipal and 28 cadets have donated blood to Blood Bank, District Hospital, Udupi which was sponsored by Lions and Lioness Club-Brahmavar & Barkur.
23. 20 Cadets have worked as volunteers to create awareness among the public by distributing Booklets to Motorists in N.H.17 on 21-1-10 to draw attention of right authorities to maintain the Highway in good condition.
24. Republic Day was celebrated on 26-1-2010. Dr. Ananda Shetty, Baikady hoisted the National flag and addressed the gatherings and given away the prizes to NCC cadets.
The NCC unit has 80 cadets on rolls and the cadets were provided numerous opportunities in the form training camps at different locations of the country. Two Annual Training Camps were organized at our campus in which cadets were given an insight into the life in the forces. More than 500 cadets attended each of the camps. Andréa Lewis and Nithesh of first B.Com were selected to attend the Inter group competition held at Mysoreand Bijapur respectively. This is the first time that our cadets have reached such selection levels. The NCC unit organized a memorable and a solemn programme to honour Shri Rangappa Allur, the Kargil hero who lost his limbs fighting the enemy. The college mobilized Rs. 90000 in aid of Allur and we thank all the donors for the support.